Fire from a barrel containing dioxide of urea

News 12 January, 2018
  • Photo Erik Peters, QMI AGENCY

    QMI agency

    Friday, January 12, 2018 06:34

    Friday, January 12, 2018 06:34

    Look at this article

    The Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal (SIM) has had to intervene in the night of Thursday to Friday in the sector of Notre-Dame-de-Grace when a barrel of dioxide of urea ignited in the premises of a company.

    It was around 3: 15 a.m. that the fire are expected to visit in Dyeing and finishes Di-Tech on the rue Lily-Simon. The employees had to be evacuated.

    “It is a fire, a minor who has ordered several firefighters due to the presence of hazardous materials. The dioxide urea is a product which reacts with water, it was therefore necessary to take all precautions,” said Martin Vaillancourt, chief of operations of the SIM.

    No person has been injured and around 6 pm, the intervention was under control.

    In all likelihood, it would be an accidental fire.