A new start for a chinese commerce
Photo Ben Pelosse
The new owner of the Chinese Restaurant in Verdun, formerly the restaurant Friends, had to clean up his trade for a month or more before it can open its doors last year. The former owner was operating in unhygienic conditions.
Friday, 20 October 2017 21:57
Friday, 20 October 2017 21:57
Look at this article
The new owner of a chinese restaurant in Verdun has had to spend weeks to disinfect every nook and cranny of his business before you can open shop, the former occupant of the premises having operated in unsanitary conditions for years.
“It took us a month and a half to clean it all up before opening the restaurant last year, told Nan Lu. There was oil and black spots everywhere. We just threw away and bought the plates, the utensils, the fridge…”
The former owner of the property located at 4424 Wellington street, Fa-Xue Wang, has been sentenced to a total of 3400 $ of fines at the beginning of the year after many visits to the food inspection. The restaurant Friends was condemned for unsanitary conditions and the presence of animal feces and contamination.
Ms. Lu has decided to rent the premises vacated to open the Chinese Restaurant of Verdun, in September 2016.
The lady ensures that the place is now spotless. “The inspectors have said “wow !” by opening the fridge. They have done the trick in two minutes and have said that it was all clean, ” she said.
At the restaurant Friends, however, that was a whole other story.
“Four dung were placed on the tablet storage of foods not covered under the work table [and] two droppings were on a table, on which were […] stored cabbage “, said the inspectors after a visit to the trade in 2015.
During another inspection a few weeks ago, the cook was smoking a cigarette in the kitchen at the arrival of the inspectors. A “large amount” of feces were also observed along the walls, on tables of work.
In addition to the droppings that were in all the corners, the inspectors observed that the floors, walls and ceilings as well as the ventilation hood were a mess.
Food are also directly in contact with the work tables, shelves, and refrigerators unhealthy.
“The ventilation hood was covered with a thick layer of fat black brunette, forming droplets and drips on the edges and above the equipment, report the agents. The accumulation flowed on the wires overlooking the area of the preparations of the food. “
One of the refrigerators in the kitchen contained food jars of any kind, stored in the sides of” a cutting board that was covered in meat juice “, also said the inspectors.
The trader had to close shop a few days in 2015 after the passage of the inspectors, according to the report.
The former owner of the restaurant Friends has not been recalled by The Newspaper.
► It is necessary to wait several months after an offence for a judge to hear the case and make its award. The details of these judgments have been obtained as the result of a request for access to information.