A woman of 72 years old, saved in extremis of the flames

News 17 December, 2017
  • QMI agency

    Sunday, 17 December 2017 17:46

    Sunday, 17 December 2017 17:48

    Look at this article

    A woman of 72 years of Saint-Raymond, in Portneuf, must the life to good samaritans. It has been pulled from his sleep on Saturday night by a couple who saw his house in flames.

    It was around 22: 30 when the fire started in the residence of the path of the Great line.

    The couple was travelling on the street to board his vehicle when he noticed the fire that was raging on the second floor. He immediately called 911 and went to knock on the door.

    “We managed to wake up, told Yves Leclerc. It was embedded with us in the car and took her home to his boy, who is her neighbor. She came out wearing a bathrobe with her little dog.”

    Fortunately, nobody was hurt. The lady was alone inside the house.

    “She wanted to go, but my wife told him : No, you stay outside, you get in the car and we’ll wait for the fire department,” said Mr. Leclerc.

    When firefighters arrived, the blaze ravaged a good part of the residence. The house is now considered a total loss.

    “Everyone is grateful, because he saved our grand-mother who was sleeping, supporting the grand-daughter of the disaster, Chrystèle Vézina. A week of Christmas we will thank him. They have lost everything, but at least she is alive and that is all that counts.”

    The fire could have been caused by an electrical problem.