Agreement with the FMSQ: no sanctions for specialists
Photo Stevens LeBlanc
Under the agreement with their federation, the medical specialists who have not attained the objectives of the act 20, will not face sanctions, confirms Gaétan Barrette.
Tuesday, 13 February 2018 15:07
Tuesday, 13 February 2018 15:51
Look at this article
Under the agreement torn off by their federation, the medical specialists who have not achieved the objectives set for the provision of services will not face sanctions, confirms Gaétan Barrette.
Suspended since its adoption in 2015, the law 20 should require doctors to take care of more patients. She was due to enter into application at the end of the month of December, but his suspension was extended for one year, in the framework of the new agreement negotiated with the Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec, but the details of which remain confidential for the time being.
“There are no penalties, there, but the act 20 remains”, confirmed the minister of Health Tuesday morning. The doctors will have a year longer to reach the set targets in 2015.
Carrot vs. stick
Ditto for the law 130, which gives more power to hospitals to punish doctors who do not meet the needs of institutions. The stick has been replaced by premium taken out of envelopes that are paid to specialists – who will be paid to the specialists who will be required to ensure coverage of services.
While some see it as a repudiation of the method Module, the main party to ensure that its two new laws have resulted in the agreement concluded with the FMSQ. “Do you really think that this arrangement-there would exist today if it had not been for the law 130 ?”, he said.
About 480 million$, which will be disbursed by the government during the next four years, the government ensures that these are due to the specialists due to increases in deferred in the past. “There is no new money”, assured the president of the treasury Board, Pierre Arcand.
The agreement has been denounced by the two main opposition parties on Tuesday. The leader of the PQ, Jean-François Lisée, reminded the prime minister that he believed it was in 2015 that the catch-up wage of doctors was done.
Philippe Couillard defended himself by arguing that “everything that is paid out to doctors is the result of debt from previous agreements”. “There is no new agreement, there are no new funds that are added to this debt, a debt which, by the way, each party has been in government has played a role, and even a little bit, at the beginning, the leader of the second opposition,” he added.
For his part, the leader of the CAQ has asked the government to make the agreement public. “Quebecers are the ones who pay, in the end, it is they who have made sacrifices in the past three years : they have the right to know on what basis you are about to give a half-billion dollars for professionals”, has launched François Legault in a press conference.
The office of the president of the treasury Board, who oversaw the agreement, it says that it will be unveiled “in the coming weeks”. The details of the previous agreement with the Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec, the outline of which had been disclosed, should also be made public shortly.