Alberta: a boy of 12 years died of carbon monoxide poisoning

News 5 February, 2018
  • QMI agency

    Monday, 5 February 2018 06:53

    Monday, 5 February 2018 06:56

    Look at this article

    AIRDRIE, Alberta – A teenager of 12 years lost his life, on Sunday, after having been exposed to carbon monoxide in an apartment in the city of Airdrie, Alberta.

    An emergency team travelled to 9 p.m. in an apartment building located on the way to Willowbrook, to treat a person in distress, who was not feeling well, has reported “Global News”. It is arriving on the scene they found a dangerously high carbon monoxide and have contacted the fire department of the city.

    A total of 136 apartments had to be evacuated.

    A boy of 12 years old has been transported to the hospital, where his death was recorded in the late afternoon. Two members of his family were also brought to the hospital to be treated.

    An investigation was opened to determine the causes of this accumulation of carbon monoxide, which could be linked to poor ventilation.

    The residents were able to return to their apartments Sunday afternoon. With the exception of six units, which will be reviewed by the investigators.

    Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas. Highly toxic, it seeps into the bloodstream, where it takes the place of the oxygen normally carried by the blood. The victims of poisoning have first nausea, fatigue, and vomiting, until finally losing consciousness and dying.