Budget Leitao 2018: more than$ 50 Million for the sharks at the Aquarium du Québec
File Photo, ANNIE T ROUSSEL
Tuesday, march 27, 2018 16:20
Tuesday, 27 march 2018 17:59
Look at this article
The Aquarium du Québec has the green light to do a project that hoped for for years, with more than $ 50 million granted to build a pavilion for large predators.
Large sharks, piranhas, barracudas and alligators will bring to Quebec, in the project of construction of a new pavilion for which the government has given the starting signal, in the budget of the minister of Finance, Carlos Leitao, Tuesday.
Photo Simon Clark
- A budget is generous funded by the surplus past
- 9 things to know about the budget Leitao 2018
- The “blur” to the nurses
- Millions $ for a digital transition in schools
- A new tax credit for the purchase of a first home
“The Aquarium du Québec has the ambition to become an infrastructure of aquarium world-class and I find that this is excellent news. Quebec has need of these great projects. This project will provide here the species that we do not have”, welcomed the minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale, Sébastien Proulx.
Photo Simon Clark
The minister Sébastien Proulx
The project is in the air for several years. The Aquarium du Québec will build a new building, near the Quebec bridge, to accommodate a dozen basins that host these exotic species.
- Quebec enhances the tax credit for child care costs to the private
- The government Couillard wants to do away with the unreasonable time-limits within five years
- A prize pool of $ 1.2 billion for the tramway in Quebec
- Taxis offset thanks to drivers
- Quebec taxera Netflix
The project also includes the addition of classrooms and meeting a “place of education and awareness in relation to the preservation of ecosystems”.
The government is betting that this new attraction will boost tourism in the region of the Capitale-Nationale region. “It’s going to lead us to be people who will be coming to Quebec city may be for this reason and that may continue to be one more day in Quebec city”, said the minister Proulx.
- Not to profit on the cannabis, but of cities satisfied
- A tax holiday for SMES
- The shortage of labor in the crosshairs of the government