Fire in Rivière-des-Prairies-Pointe-aux-Trembles : a disabled woman was transported to the hospital

News 23 December, 2017

    QMI agency

    Saturday, December 23, 2017 16:56

    Saturday, December 23, 2017 16:56

    Look at this article

    A disabled woman had to be rushed to the hospital Saturday afternoon after having inhaled smoke during a fire in the borough of Rivière-des-Prairies-Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal.

    The fire occurred in the kitchen of a cottage semi-detached from the avenue Louis-Jobin on the ground floor of the building.

    The woman, aged 30 years, was on the floor above the fire department arrives. Overcome by the smoke, it was conducted in a hospital centre.

    The place was equipped with a smoke detector, but was not functional, ” said John Primiani, chief for operations with the Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal.

    The building has suffered damage estimated at $25,000.