“I’ll wait not that one of my members is killed,” says Jean-François Dionne
Mathieu Dugas, QMI Agency
Saturday, 3 march 2018 17:42
Saturday, 3 march 2018 17:45
Look at this article
Only a week after a worker of the ministry of Transport of Quebec (MTQ) had been struck fatally by a hit on a site to the west of the island of Montreal, a similar accident occurred early Saturday morning on highway 20 in Drummondville.
- READ ALSO: Accidents involving workers: tugs raise awareness among motorists
This new accident has strongly reacted to the president of the Association of workers in the road signs of Quebec, Jean-François Dionne, who lamented the lack of security in the vicinity of the road works.
“It is dangerous [to work on the road network], it takes us reinforcements ministerial,” said Mr. Dionne, in an interview with TVA News. The president of the Association urge the minister of Transportation Luc Fortin, to finalize as soon as possible the revision of the highway safety Code.
It also invites the minister of public Safety, Martin Coiteux, to visit building sites and meet with employees road. Jean-François Dionne thinks that the penalties should be more severe.
“It is enough”
“I’ll wait not that one of my members is killed […]. It is necessary to react, it takes us lights in yellow and white […] and it takes laws that protect the workers”.
According to Jean-François Dionne, the accident occurred on Friday morning in Drummondville is the 28th involving a worker of the signaling since 2011.
“It is enough, what are fathers and mothers who put their lives in danger,” he added.