Motorists, buckle your seatbelt, the police will be monitoring for the long weekend
Photo Archives / AGENCE QMI
Friday, march 30, 2018 07:40
Friday, march 30, 2018 07:47
Look at this article
In this long vacation, motorists have an interest in the buckling and keep the eyes open, as the different police services will be in operation by the Belt until the 5th of April next.
This is the theme I’m attached, and you ?, which aims to remind people of the importance of wearing a seatbelt, and to cause all occupants of a vehicle to do the same, as will the new awareness campaign and the 11th edition of the operation Belt.
According to the Sûreté du Québec, if all of the occupants of a car completed their belt, they are 30 deaths that could be avoided annually. The wearing of the belt could also reduce to 75 the number of injured.
Seat belt safety statistics
- On average, for the years 2012 to 2016, about 30% of drivers and passengers of vehicles taking walks deceased were not wearing their seat belt. While the rate of non-wearing of seat belts for the rear seat passengers of a passenger vehicle died in an accident from 2012 to 2016 is 37.1%.
- The non-wearing of seat belts in fatal collisions is greater among men aged 25 to 49 years of age.
- The rate of non-wearing of seat belts increases as the night advance, and is often associated with other behaviours such as the consumption of alcohol. The higher the bac level increases, more seat belt use decreases.
- Last year, there have been over 2000 tickets for the province as a whole during this operation.
- The omission of the wearing of seat belts results in a finding of a violation of$ 127 and three demerit points.
Source : Sûreté du Québec