Ontario : a baby of ten months died of carbon monoxide poisoning

News 19 March, 2018
  • QMI agency

    Sunday, 18 march, 2018 18:12

    Sunday, 18 march, 2018 18:12

    Look at this article

    BARRIE, Ontario | A baby of just 10 months has lost his life on Sunday in Ontario due to carbon monoxide poisoning, which has also forced the hospitalisation of her mother and his little sister of three years.

    According to what was stated by the fire service from Barrie to the local media, the toddler had no vital signs upon arrival of rescue, and Sunday morning around 8: 30. His mother, a woman of 30 years old, was unconscious, while the child of three years was manifestly intoxicated with carbon monoxide, but was still conscious.

    All three were immediately transported to a local hospital, where the death of the toddler was found. His mother and his sister were sent by helicopter to a hospital in Toronto.

    The trio was discovered by the spouse of the mother and father of the children, then he’d come home from work Sunday morning, said the fire service at the local newspaper “Barrie Advance”.

    According to the authorities, the carbon monoxide concentration was 300 parts per million in the house. They have opened an investigation to determine the source.

    There was no carbon monoxide detector in working condition in the house.

    Nicknamed the “silent killer”, carbon monoxide, which is produced by the combustion of fossil fuels and wood, is an odourless, colourless gas that replaces oxygen in the blood. Poisoning first cause headaches, fatigue and dizziness. These symptoms may be followed by nausea, vomiting, confusion, convulsion, distress, cardiac and respiratory, and this, up to cause a coma or death.