Proulx attack the CAQ in a letter

News 14 March, 2018
  • Photo Simon Clark
    The minister Sébastien Proulx, shown here before his entry into the caucus of the liberal Party, yesterday, in the Parliament of Quebec, confirmed in an exclusive interview with our parliamentary Bureau that the transportation project structuring will be announced shortly.

    Marc-André Gagnon

    Wednesday, 14 march, 2018 00:00

    Wednesday, 14 march, 2018 00:00

    Look at this article

    To six months of the next election campaign, the minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale, Sébastien Proulx, invites the citizens of Quebec to be wary of François Legault and Eric Caire, who are trying, according to him, to divide the population on the major mobility projects.

    In an open letter published in full in our pages Views, the minister Proulx tackles openly the leader of the Coalition avenir Québec, as well as the spokesperson for the National Capital.

    He accused François Legault of having made a volte-face last week, saying it was “open” to the transport project structuring of the City of Quebec, while Eric Cairo repeats “for years” that the people of Quebec do not want BRT or streetcar.

    “I think that we should point out the inconsistencies where they exist. […] I can’t let go of the people who seek to divide us, ” said Mr. Proulx in an interview with our parliamentary Bureau.

    “Their choice, it is the 3rd link “

    The minister of Education highly doubt the sincerity of Mr. Legault, who now repeat, that it requires “both” projects, that is, the transport structure, and the third link between Quebec city and Lévis.

    “Their choice, it is the third link “, rather believes Mr. Proulx, who has never seen “enthusiasm” for the transit projects on the side of the CAQ.

    The chief caquiste has all in all been very careful, last week, when questioned on the transportation project structuring mayor Régis Labeaume, who will be unveiled ” fairly imminent “, according to Mr. Proulx.

    To the minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale region, this caution is the fact that the transit does just not part of the ” DNA ” of the CAQ, in his opinion.

    “We can’t say whether one is for or against [the transportation project structuring] as long as we have not seen studies on traffic “, stated Mr. Legault, on the sidelines of the announcement of the candidacy of Mario Asselin in Vanier–Les Rivières, last Wednesday.

    “Mr. Legault divides “

    “It is the difference : Mr. Legault divided and we are mobilized,”, says Mr. Proulx, who does not believe no more, as reported by the most recent polls, the CAQ could snag the very large majority of the constituencies of the region in the next elections.

    “No,” he retorted. […] I am convinced that what we will propose, as much in regard to transit in the next steps with regard to the 3rd link, will restore or give confidence to people in our ability to bring them to a good port. “