Six microbreweries subject to public vote for the national holiday
File Photo, Sebastien St-Jean
Microbreweries have been pre-selected in the framework of the contest aimed to find the beers official of the national holiday in Quebec city.
Friday, 9 march 2018 10:52
Friday, 9 march 2018 10:59
Look at this article
Microbreweries God of Heaven, Charlevoix, Was, Belgh Brew, Brewers of the world and My Brewery has been shortlisted in a competition to designate the beers official of the national holiday in Quebec city.
- READ ALSO: The national holiday of Quebec seeks three microbrewers officials for the Plains
The popular vote was officially launched on Friday morning. In a first step, a jury composed of six people chosen to blind six beers that will be submitted to a vote by the public until 23 march.
Three of them – those who would receive the most “likes” on the page Facebook of the national holiday by then – will be used to quench the thirst of the revelers on the plains of Abraham, on June 23.
Not less than 35 microbreweries in quebec have submitted an application in the hope of winning a contract that promises to provide them a great visibility.
“It is a success on the whole line. The enthusiasm for this initiative of the Mouvement national des Québécois is truly palpable among the microbrewers. We believe that this is the kind of action that contributes to the development of the sense of belonging of the population towards the know-how of you here, and that it is our industry that emerges as the winner,” said by way of a press release the director general of the Association des microbrasseries du Québec, Marie-Eve Myrand.
“The brewers artisans du Québec have been able to meet with talent. It is very interesting to see that today, behind a color, hides an incredible range of aromas and flavours, for the pleasure of the people of Quebec, and particularly for the festival-goers who will benefit from the national day in the capital this year”, added the president of the jury, the biérologue Philippe Wouters.
The six beers submitted to the popular vote
- The Bittt à Tibi – Brasserie Belgh Brasse, Amos, Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- La P’tite Cocotte – Microbrewery In the Bole, Saint-Tite, Mauricie
- The Sentinel – Microbrewery God of the Sky, Saint-Jérôme, Laurentides
- The Tribal – Coop de solidarité beer My Brewery, Montreal, Montreal
- The Forbidden 60’s – Brewers of the World, Saint-Hyacinthe, Montérégie
- La Flacatoune – Microbrewery Charlevoix, Charlevoix, Capitale-Nationale