The bell of Britain fell silent for the first time in 239 years because of one complaint : In the World : Vladim

News 3 February, 2018

In Sanwidi in the UK for the first time in 239 years ceased to hear the sound of bells from St Peter’s Church. And the reason for that is the complaint of a local resident. It turned out that the citizen can’t sleep because of the noise produced by the bell.


Newspaper the Sun writes that the bell was rung every four hours, and its ringing it difficult to sleep to local residents. After one of them complained about the noise, police ordered to stop the procedure. Now the bell will be silent between 23:00 and 07:00. The only exception is New year and Christmas.

Despite the fact that such a ban was introduced to protect the interests of the citizens agreed with him only 15% of the residents of the areas close to the Church. The remaining 85% joined the activists Save the Chimes – “save the bells”. Their goal is the lifting of the ban.