The Canadian will be careful and patient with striker Martin Reway
Photo: Ryan Remiorz, The canadian Press
The head coach of the Montreal canadiens, Claude Julien
Martin Reway trained with Max Pacioretty, Jonathan Drouin, Shea Weber and company in the first group to jump on the ice at the Bell sports Complex in Brossard on Friday morning. But it was not necessary to conclude that he will be in uniform Saturday night against the Ottawa Senators, because the time is not yet come.
When asked about the intentions of the team in the Czech 22-year-old, who is still recovering from a serious virus that has led to problems of nature heart, Claude Julien gave a clear picture of the situation.
“This is a player who has been sick in the last year, who has not played for a year, and you can see that even during workouts. For his sake, for the sake of everyone, we must give him time to regain his physical condition. And when it is not the point, it can be dangerous to insert it in a match “, first explained the head coach of the Habs.
“It doesn’t mean that he has not found within a week, but for the moment, it assesses its situation day-to-day, said Julien. When a player has missed a year of hockey and that he only started to train there are four or five weeks, this is not much for a guy who has been sick for almost eight months. We are very careful with him and we don’t want to go too quickly, because it would cause him more harm. It would hurt more than it would help. “
Reway is aware that he still has some catching up to do, and he doubted that the process would be tedious.
“I look forward to play, but the team does not want to send me on the ice and realize that I am not ready. We are patient and I work hard during training sessions on the rink and off the ice. It is a long process. I’ve seen improvement since my first match in the tournament of recruits in Toronto [on 8 and 9 September]. I know that I am not yet 100 %, but I feel a little better every day, I do a little more each day and I want to jump on the ice as soon as possible. “
Redmond to tie
Also, Julien said that forward Andrew Shaw (neck) and defenceman David Schlemko (hand) were doing better, and that Schlemko is expected to be sent into the fray before the end of the calendar preparatory.
Julien has also made it clear that Al Montoya is expected to play throughout the whole match, Saturday, against the Senators.
Earlier Friday, the Canadian has submitted the name of the defender Zach Redmond in the second balloting. Redmond, aged 29 years, took part in a first tough game Thursday against the New Jersey Devils and has experienced an evening of laborious.
Hired as a free agent on July 1, 2016, Redmond has participated in 16 meetings with the Habs last season and got five assists. He added four goals and 14 assists with the IceCaps of St. John, Newfoundland.
The Canadian has also cut off the attacker Markus Eisenschmid and goalie Michael McNiven, who will report to the camp of the Rocket of Laval, who will start Monday.
With these decisions of the staff of the team, the Habs now has 43 players in camp, 25 forwards, 14 defenders and 4 goalkeepers.
In addition, the team has announced end-of-day forward Jeremiah Addison has had surgery to a shoulder and that he should be absent for six months.