Two workers electrocuted near metro de Castelnau
Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:31
Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:32
Look at this article
Two window cleaners have been electrocuted Saturday morning while they were busy cleaning the windows of a building in the sector Mile-Ex, close to the metro station de Castelnau in Montreal.
The incident occurred in the morning at the corner of de Castelnau and Marconi, in the borough of Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension.
According to TVA Nouvelles, the victims are two men, one 17 years old and the second who is over the age of forty years.
The youngest would have lost the foot and the perch that he used it in the course of his work would probably hit the electrical wires near, according to TVA Nouvelles. He was unconscious during her transportation to the hospital and could be in the coma.
His colleague of forty years would, for its part, suffered a minor injury to the feet.
It does concern not for the life of the two men.
Investigators of the Committee on standards, equity, health and safety in the workplace (CNESST) have been dispatched on the spot.
“It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure identify hazards, prevent risks and to train its staff to avoid accidents,” said in an interview with the QMI Agency Diane Thibault, a spokesman for the CNESST, in response to a question regarding the distance required to work safely near electrical wires.
“The employee also has its share of responsibility, she continued. If it sees risk, for example, he must notify his superior.”
Based in Quebec Ms. Thibault was itself in search of information on Saturday morning, and she was not able to say more in regards to the state of health of the two workers. It was also unclear who is the employer of the two victims of this accident at work.